Run of Site Web Banner Advertising
Techfocus Media has put the bang back into banners. With our loyal, engineering-focused audience and smart ad locations, our banner ads consistently generate some of the highest interaction rates in the industry, without resorting to audience-alienating tactics like roadblocks, peelbacks, pop-overs, pop-unders, and annoying expanding ads. You’ll get better results for less money with our well-targeted placements, and you won’t anger your prospective customers with annoying intrusions to their media experience.
For 2013 EE Journal has added even more ad sizes - the most supported in the industry, and has dramatically reduced prices for banner campaigns. Our traffic has increased, and we're passing the benefits directly on to you in the form of reduced prices for run-of-site advertising.
NOTE: We recommend Targeted Sponsorships over Run-of-site Web Ads. Targeted Sponsorships are more cost effective and take maximum advantage of EE Journal's layout. These Run-of-site options are here to satisfy certain agency requirements for specific sizes.
What You Get
Run-of-site banner ads run across all sections of EEJournal.com. Banner placements are carefully integrated in the editorial layout for maximum visibility with minimum interference with the audience experience.
You also get a secure login to our ad server where you can monitor your campaign in real time.
You can optionally target your banners to specific content channels on EEJournal.com, or to specific countries (geo-targeting).
What You Give Us
You send us your banners - either directly or via third-party ad server tags. Banners may include rich media, but must also include static (.jpg or .gif) backup images for browsers (such as mobile devices) that don’t support rich media. Banner ads must conform to IAB standards.
Supported Banner Ad Sizes: (note that Large Rectangle ads are the preferred size for maximum impact in our layout - and will also have the highest inventory availability.)
- Full Banner [468x60] * (Upper right corner of all pages)
- In-Place Video Banner Ad [up to 340x285, video must be remotely hosted on Vimeo, YouTube, Accela, or another approved service] *
- Half Page Ad [300x600] **
- Large Rectangle (preferred) [336x280] *
- Medium Rectangle [300x250] *
- Small Rectangle [180x150]*
- Wide Skyscraper [160x600] **
- Skyscraper [120x600] **
- 3:1 Banner [300x100] *
- Run of site text [500 characters or less with one linking URL] *
- Turbo TextLink [110 characters or less with one shortened URL] *
- Leaderboard [728x90] * (bottom of all pages)
- Button 1 [120x90] * (Lower right corner of all pages)
* Ad type appears on all non-sponsored pages of the site including front page, articles, news stories, article index, news index, on demand index, search results.
** Note - "tall" ads (half page, wide skyscraper) do not appear on the front page, but do appear on all other pages listed above.
What it Costs
Run-of-site banner ad pricing has been dramatically reduced for 2013. Our traffic has increased and we’re passing the value on to you!
- Full Banner [468x60] $205 CPM
- In-Place Video Banner Ad [up to 340x285] $300 CPM
- Half Page Ad [300x600] $300 CPM
- Large Rectangle (preferred) [336x280] $225 CPM
- Medium Rectangle [300x250] $225 CPM
- Wide Skyscraper [160x600] $200 CPM
- Skyscraper [120x600] $195 CPM
- 3:1 Banner [300x100] $190 CPM
- Run of site text [500 characters or less with one linking URL] $100 CPM
- Turbo TextLink [110 characters or less with one shortened URL]
- 1 month: FPGA Journal $3000, Embedded Tech Journal $2500, IC Journal $2000
- Leaderboard [728x90] $170 CPM
- Button 1 [120x90] $55 CPM