Advertising and Content Marketing Specifications
Techfocus Media 2012
Targeted Sponsorships require four ads which run in both e-mail newsletters and on the EE Journal website. Each ad must be submitted in both e-mail and web forms. Popular third-party ad tags are supported for web. e-mail ads must be graphics only with a linking URL. (the URL may be a tracking link)
- IAB standard "Full Banner" (468x60) for the upper right location in the e-mail newsletter, and the upper right location on all pages of the website
- IAB standard "Large Rectangle"(336x280) for the main content area of the e-mail newsletter, and the main content area of all pages of the website
- IAB standard "Leaderboard"(728x90) for the bottom footer location in the e-mail newsletter, and the bottom footer location on all pages of the website
- Text Ad (500 characters -- not 500 words -- or less with one link) for the "announcements" section of the e-mail newsletter and the main content area of all pages of the website
Each banner ad must be submitted as .jpg or .gif for the e-mail newsletter. For the e-mail, no rich media, flash, or third-party ad tags are supported. Animated .gif is OK, and click URLs may include tracking..
For the web, each banner may optionally be submitted in rich-media format (flash, etc.) and may be delivered using popular third-party ad server tags. For web ads, a backup .jpg or .gif ad is required for browsers (such as mobile browsers) that do not support rich media.
Ad materials are due one week prior to publication, and must be submitted to email@example.com
* each of the four assets above should meet IAB banner ad standards
** each of the four assets above requires a target URL for click-thrus
*** for flash ads, please follow MFAA clickTAG specifications for click tracking
Journal On Demand
Journal on Demand sponsorships require four ads which run both in your microsite and in various e-mail promotions. Each ad must be submitted in both e-mail and web forms. Popular third-party ad tags are supported for web. e-mail ads must be graphics only with a linking URL (the URL may be a tracking link, however).
- IAB standard “Full Banner” (468x60) for the upper right location in the microsite and in various locations in e-mail promotions
- IAB standard “Leaderboard” (728x90) for the bottom footer location in the microsite and in various e-mail promotions
- (optional) ads for the right column of microsite pages. There are two ad slots available and they may include any of:
- Video Banner Ad (up to 340x285, video must be remotely hosted on Vimeo, YouTube, Accela, or another approved service)
- Half Page Ad (300x600)
- Large Rectangle (336x280)
- Medium Rectangle (300x250)
- Wide Skyscraper (160x600)
- 3:1 Banner (new) (300x100)
Your Journal on Demand ads will run the entire duration of your sponsorship, and you may change them as often as once per week during your sponsorship.
You may submit an unlimited number of assets for the library. Assets may include white papers, videos, webcasts, tutorials, app notes, web demos, or just about any technical resource you can deliver online.
PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS (Public - visible by all site visitors):
For each individual asset submitted (white paper, webcast link, video link, online demo, app note, tutorial, datasheet, etc.):
- (Required) Title
- (Required) Short abstract (less than 500 characters to be used in promotional listings - think of this as a text ad for your asset to entice people to view it)
- (Required) Long abstract (less than 500 words to be used on the info page for this asset)
- (Optional) Author/speaker info:
- brief bio (
- (Optional) Large Rectangle ad banner .jpg, .gif, or .swf (with .gif/.jpg backup) promoting this asset. (for an extra charge, this ad can be used for additional promotion for the asset - run-of-site in the "on demand" banner zones, or featured in the "on demand" section of weekly newsletters.
All of the above PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS will be visible to ALL site visitors.
ASSET (Private - visible only by registered users):
The actual asset can be any of:
- documents (white papers, app notes, datasheets, etc.): .pdf files
- streaming media (webcasts, videos, demos, etc.): URL of asset hosted at another location, or html for "in place" playback.
The ASSET will only be visible to registered On Demand viewers.
All materials for each asset should be submitted together, in a single e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. It takes 1-2 working days for an asset to be posted on the site.
Chalk Talks are the easiest game in town for high-quality webcasts. All you need is a PowerPoint deck, a presenter, and an hour or two in your own conference room. We do the rest.
It’s that easy.
After we record, we'll be wanting a simple headshot of your speaker, and a nice white paper or other asset that viewers can download for a more in-depth look. We put a download link to this additional asset below the player for your Chalk Talk, and you get full lead tracking data on everyone that downloads the additional asset. This gives you a list of the most highly qualified leads - people who watched the webcast, and then wanted more information from a white paper, demo, or other additional material.
Run of Site Banner Advertising
You send us your banners - either directly or via third-party ad server tags. Banners may include rich media, but must also include static (.jpg or .gif) backup images for browsers (such as mobile devices) that don’t support rich media. Banner ads must conform to IAB standards.
Supported Banner Ad Sizes: (note that Large Rectangle ads are the preferred size for maximum impact in our layout - and will also have the highest inventory availability.)
- Full Banner [468x60] * (Upper right corner of all pages)
- In-Place Video Banner Ad [up to 340x285, video must be remotely hosted on Vimeo, YouTube, Accela, or another approved service] *
- Half Page Ad [300x600] **
- Large Rectangle (preferred) [336x280] *
- Medium Rectangle [300x250] *
- Small Rectangle [180x150]*
- Wide Skyscraper [160x600] **
- Skyscraper [120x600] **
- 3:1 Banner [300x100] *
- Run of site text [500 characters or less with one linking URL] *
- Turbo TextLink [110 characters or less with one shortened URL] *
- Leaderboard [728x90] * (bottom of all pages)
- Button 1 [120x90] * (Lower right corner of all pages)
* Ad type appears on all non-sponsored pages of the site including front page, articles, news stories, article index, news index, on demand index, search results.
** Note - "tall" ads (half page, wide skyscraper) do not appear on the front page, but do appear on all other pages listed above.